Saturday, May 22, 2010

Help! Someone has hacked my email?

Someone has cracked into several of my email accounts over the past year by answering my secret questions and then resetting my passwords.





Most recently they cracked my new AOL account, then had Gmail send them a "forgot password" link so they got access to my Gmail account. Next they did the same to get into my Facebook account.





I can't get into any of these accounts now b/c the passwords are changed. None of my friends have said they have gotten an email from my old addresses (if it's the same person, they never did that last time, just changed my password to be annoying).





How can I find out who did this? What are my legal options?

Help! Someone has hacked my email?
That wasn't necessarily hacking, but it is illegal. You would have to find out who did it before you do anything legally about it. You can try contacting Google and talking to them. Same with AOL, it will just depends on what they have in place for problems like this. If your security question was something easier, like your Mother's maiden name or Favorite Pet's Name and the this person was able to figure it out, then more than likely they know you. Try starting with people who would know this information.
Reply:I'm afraid there is no one that can do that. Make a new facebook, and report that person, and they can get that account deleted. But i dont know about the email, make sure you didnt put anything to personel in there, like Credit Card #'s and etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment